All participants must comply with this Conference Policy.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, you can contact the Professional Congress Organiser via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AIVC 2024 is committed to diversity, inclusion, and making the website and other digital assets readily accessible to all interested parties, including those with disabilities. We are continually improving all digital assets to comply with all standard accessibility guidelines. If you have questions regarding accessibility of the site and content, you can contact the Professional Congress Organiser at email@example.com.
AIVC 2024 reserves the right to cancel the Conference due to any unforeseen circumstances.
3.Authorisation for use of image, name and other likeness (Recording / Audio, Video, and still photography)
Copyright of the Conference program is owned by AIVC 2024.
AIVC 2024 reserves all rights associated with the Conference including (without limitation), the rights to all recordings or reproductions of presentations at this Conference.
By attending the Conference or logging into the Conference website or application(s) and engaging in any interactive features, you agree that AIVC 2024 and/or third parties authorised by AIVC 2024 may photograph or record your likeness, image, name, voice, and/or words, and may publish, display, reproduce, copy, and distribute your likeness, image, name, voice, and/or words for, educational, or membership activities worldwide in all forms of media now known or later developed, including but not limited to advertising, training, websites, and presentations materials.
You further acknowledge that AIVC 2024 and/or third parties authorised by AIVC 2024 shall have the right, but not the obligation, to identify you in connection with such media by name and/or affiliation. No royalties will be payable in connection with this authorisation or these uses.
Any photography, filming, taping, recording, or reproduction in any medium, including via the use of tripod-based equipment, of any of the programs presented at the AIVC 2024 without the express written consent of AIVC 2024 is strictly forbidden.
Exception: limited photography for, strictly personal, social, or noncommercial use, are permitted.
4.Conference Code of Conduct
You are invited to come as you are, and engage with data in a way that is meaningful and applicable to your own personal perspective. As such, we are committed to creating events that are diverse, inclusive, safe, and free from discrimination, regardless of race, religion, color, nationality, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, physical appearance or any other classification / characteristics (“personal characteristics”) protected by law.
AIVC 2024 expects individuals to uphold the professional and educational purposes of AIVC 2024 and its events by respecting the rights, privacy, safety, and dignity of all persons. AIVC 2024 expects individuals to exercise professionalism, consideration, and respect in their speech and actions. AIVC 2024 expects individuals to refrain from harassing speech and other harassing behaviour.
- Be considerate, respectful, and collaborative
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory or harassing behaviour and speech (both verbal and written)
Unacceptable behaviour may include but is not limited to:
- Unwelcome and uninvited attention or contact with another participant
- Verbal or written comments, or visual images, that are sexually suggestive, or that denigrate or show hostility or aversion toward an individual, or group of individuals, or that create an intimidating, hostile, or offensive environment, or that unreasonably interfere with an individual’s ability to participate in Conference
- Unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favours, or other unwelcome physical, verbal, visual, or other conduct of a sexual nature
- Inappropriate, unnecessary, or irrelevant use of nudity and/or sexual images
- Intimidating, harassing, abusive, defamatory, profane, discriminatory, derogatory or demeaning speech
- Harmful or prejudicial verbal or written comments or visual images related to personal characteristics
- Deliberate intimidation or stalking
- Harassing photography or recording
- Sustained or repeated disruption of talks, sessions or events
- Express or implied threat of physical or professional harm
- Wearing clothing that is not suitable for a professional work environment, that is provocative, inappropriate or otherwise potentially offensive
- Possession of a weapon or any item that can be used as a weapon
- Being intoxicated, in any session, event or function. Please drink responsibly
- Showcasing or promoting any illegal substance in conversation, photo, video, or text
- Assembling for the purpose of, or resulting in, disturbing the peace, or committing any unlawful act or engaging in any offensive behaviour
- Any other illegal activity not already covered above
- Failure to obey any of the rules or regulations of the Conference, or instructions of the Professional Conference Organisers
7.How to report Unacceptable Behaviour or Suspicious Person/Behaviour
Remember: if you see Something, Say Something.
If you experience or witness a life safety emergency, please contact local law enforcement immediately.
If you have a complaint or concern about harassment, discrimination, bullying or any other conduct that violates the Conference Code of Conduct, we encourage you to contact us immediately via email on firstname.lastname@example.org. If you witness this happening to someone else, please do also report that.
You may request that your report remain completely confidential.
8.Communication from AIVC 2024
AIVC 2024 will communicate with an individual who reports unacceptable behavior if the individual chooses to submit an attributed report.
AIVC 2024 will also communicate with an individual concerning whom a report has been made, to the extent that AIVC is able to identify and contact that individual.
The nature, scope, and content of any such communication is in the sole discretion of AIVC 2024.
If warranted, AIVC and its Professional Congress Organiser may communicate more broadly with participants at the Conference.
AIVC 2024 has the right to communicate about its responses under this policy to the employers or sponsors of involved participants vendors, local law enforcement, media, and the public as AIVC 2024 deems reasonable and appropriate.
9.Consequences of Reported Unacceptable Behaviour
Upon receiving a report of unacceptable behaviour, first priority will be the safety and security of participants. In order to preserve a safe, educational environment, AIVC 2024 reserves the right to temporarily suspend or terminate specific features available to a participant or to suspend or terminate the participant’s entire account. When facts are in dispute or cannot be fully established, AIVC 2024 reserves the right to take the action most likely to safeguard safety and security of participants, including termination of a participant’s account for the remainder of the Conference.
A report of an adjudicated or officially confirmed history of a participant’s prior unacceptable behaviour, if impacting the experience of other participants at the Conference may, in AIVC 2024 discretion, be the basis for a response under this policy.
Violation of this policy, as determined by AIVC 2024 in its sole discretion, is grounds for any action that AIVC 2024 deems appropriate, including but not limited to:
– warning the offender
– denying the offender access to the Conference (including revoking or denying registration to it)
– suspending or terminating the offender’s access to the Conference
– barring the offender from other AIVC future event(s)
AIVC 2024 reserves the right to take whatever action it, in its sole discretion, deems appropriate, with respect to the investigation of any matters related to this policy.
Any person who is denied access to, or whose access is terminated during an AIVC event based on this policy may request that AIVC review the matter after the event has concluded.
However, AIVC 2024 action will be effective immediately and will continue until and unless AIVC 2024 issues a contrary decision. Unless a contrary decision is issued, any person who is denied access to, or is removed from an AIVC event based on this policy, will not be eligible for a refund of any registration fees paid for access to or participation in the Conference.
10.Scope and Application
The Conference Code of Conduct Policy, applies to any gathering or event that is hosted or sponsored by AIVC 2024, educational symposia, exhibits, committee meetings, written comment and discussion groups, professional gatherings, and platforms and settings ancillary thereto (each an “AIVC 2024 Conference”). This policy applies to any and all participants in the Conference, including but not limited to employees, members, volunteers, interns, guests, vendors, contractors, exhibitors, faculty, and other attendees (each a “participant”).
All participants of the Conference must abide by the present policy.
For questions regarding the Conference, you can contact the Professional Congress Organiser via email at email@example.com.
The Code of Conduct may be revised at any time by AIVC 2024 and the terms are non-negotiable. This Code of Conduct is without prejudice to AIVC 2024 rights, all of which it expressly reserves.
Together, we can ensure AIVC Events are safe and welcoming experiences.
12.Sample of a submission form (for Unacceptable Behaviour or Suspicious Person/Behaviour)
Kindly note that the following information is needed to proceed with an investigation of the incident or behaviour that you are reporting.
All the fields are optional so you can disclose as little, or as much, information as you are comfortable with sharing.
You may choose to remain anonymous; however, AIVC 2024 will not be able to follow up with you about the report and may have less ability to investigate fully an anonymous report.
The AIVC 2024 will only use the information disclosed in this report for the purpose of investigating the report and responding in the manner described in the present Code of Conduct. This information should include:
– Date of incident
– Approximate time of incident
– Name of person making this report
– If this report is being made on behalf of another person, name of that person
– Contact information of person making this report (mobile number and email)
– Name of person whose behaviour prompted this report (if known)
– Location where the incident occurred
– Is the incident continuing?
– Brief description of the incident or behaviour, and concerns
– Names and contact information of witnesses to the incident (if available)
– Have you previously complained or provided information about this incident or related incidents to AIVC 2024, law enforcement, or any other party?
If yes, when and to whom did you provide information?
Additional Comments/ statements at the end of the form:
Information must be truthful; any individual knowingly providing false information may be subject to disciplinary action by AIVC 2024.
Reports of incidents that are determined not to violate AIVC 2024 policy are not assumed to be false.