The purpose of the student competition is to reward outstanding Bachelor or Masters thesis work on ventilation, airtightness, ventilative cooling or any other topic related to the topics of the AIVC conference. With the competition, AIVC aims to highlight valuable student work and to put forward young talents in research in these domains, giving them an excellent opportunity to present their thesis work at the AIVC conference.
Student competition rules
- Participants to the competition should submit a conference paper (see also Call for Abstracts & Papers ), and present a poster at the AIVC conference. The work presented should be based on either a Bachelor’s or Master’s thesis. Please note that submissions based on PhD research will not be eligible for the student competition. However, PhD students can submit entries based on their Bachelor’s or Master’s work.
- The subject of the students’ works should be linked to the AIVC activities areas, as illustrated by the list of conference topics.
- The work has been done either by an individual student or a team of maximum two students.
- The paper should follow the AIVC paper template, and be written in English. Poster presentations at the conference should be given in English.
- The deadline for the reception of entries is the same as for reception of other conference abstracts.
Organisation, criteria and awards
- The participants will present their work during a poster session at the conference, and prepare an oral presentation.
- All participants and their institutions receive a certificate of participation upon request.
- The jury, consisting of at least 3 members of the AIVC board, will define a winner, based on scientific merit, poster and presentation quality and relevance for AIVC.
- The winners will be announced and receive the student competition award in the closing session of the conference.
- The winners will have the opportunity to record a presentation of their work which will be promoted on AIVC, TightVent and venticool websites and social media.