Resilient Cooling of Buildings meets Resilient Cooling in Cities - Interactive Session
DESCRIPTION OF THE SESSION
In this interactive session the challenges of resilient cooling of buildings and their relation to their urban surroundings will be addressed. After a short presentation of main outcomes of EBC Annex 80 Resilient Cooling of Buildings, the audience will work in small groups on a prepared set of building cases and challenges. With the Technology Profiles from Annex 80 and the Resilient Cooling Guidelines at hand different solutions shall be discussed and most suitable ones identified. The discussion of these different approaches in the plenum shall foster peer learning and create a better understanding of the nexus of resilient cooling of buildings and resilient cooling in cities.
OBJECTIVES OF THE SESSION
- Learn about the main EBC Annex 80 Resilient Cooling of Buildings outcomes such as concise Technology Profiles and well-structured Resilient Cooling Guideline.
- Deepen their understanding of Resilient Cooling Solutions through applying the presented knowledge in a scenario-based workshop setting.
- Discuss and learn from the knowledge and expertise of their fellow participants.
- Describe interrelation of resilient cooling of buildings and their urban surroundings.
- Collectively identify possible solution paths and potential further research objectives.
- Resilient Cooling Technology Profiles from the EBC Annex 80, Peter Holzer, Institute of Building Research & Innovation, Austria
- Resilient Cooling Guidelines from the EBC Annex 80, Vincenco Corrado, Politecnico di Torino, Italy
- Work in small Design Groups
- Open discussion and collective conclusion in plenum
- Arnaud JAY, Grenoble Alpes – CEA Liten – INES, FRANCE
- Gwénaëlle HAESE, CSTB, FRANCE
- Maxime BOULINGUEZ, PIMENT Lab, REUNION UNIVERSITE, FRANCE